Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Migranes Worse than just A Headache

Migraines, much worse than your typical headache. I have had a few Migranes over the last few years, and I can say that they actually bring things to a halt. Yesterday I had a minor headache coming on in the mid afternoon, not a big deal, pop a few Tylenol. That happens to be the only thing I can take, because the Doctor has me taking Previcid, for stomach problems. The headache would not disappear. The dictionary describes a migrain as ( an intense, periodic headache, usually limited to one side of the head ) I could say that Intense, at times, would be an understatement. By 4:45 am, my usual time to get out of bed, my headache had turned into a full blown migrain, starting from the base of the skull, going up, and over to the eyes. My first thought was this sucks, I had plenty to get done today. So I took a few Tylenol, and went back to bed two hours. No luck, the migrain was still there. So I called work, and let them know I would not be in right away, thinking this would be gone by noon, it wasn't. So my day was wasted in bed, resting with my eyes closed, and periodically getting an ice pack, for the back of my head.
By 8:00 pm, it was mostly gone, and here I am writing this without my prescription glasses.
Glasses that they say I am to wear, unless I'm sleeping. Who knows, that could of been what intensified the headache into a migrain, as I spend alot of time doing research on the computer.
I'm back to bed, catch ya at the next post.

Gimp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home