Sunday, August 06, 2006

Day late, Dollar Short

Saturday the 4th was the latest I have slept in, for along time. I have so much on my plate, that I do not get to do it to often. I worked late Friday night trying to get the counter fixed on this blog. I'm lost when it comes to HTML, and some of these other tricks of the process. It's all a learning curve, I guess if I can learn it, anyone can. Needless to say, my efforts Friday evening were fruitless, so I hit the sack frustrated, and got up at 10:00 am the next morning.
Not wanting to be behind schedule, because it was going to be a busy day, I called Gizmo, to let him know I was going to change fluids in my bike, and he should get over here to do his as well.
In the past, I have done it for him, while he observed, this time, I observed, and let him do all the work.
Most shops are getting about $200.00 for labor, filter and the 3 fluids, I can change mine in less than an hour, with cost for material of about $40.00, and it gives me the opportunity to see if there is anything else wrong with the bike. Gizmo got here about 12:00, and we had his done shortly after 1:00. Mine was on the lift, and about done when Guru stopped by about 2:00. He had just gotten his out of the shop, with the exhaust and linkage repaired, he was a happy camper. I happened to notice on mine, that the lower engine mounts were loose, and got those tightened back up. I am not a mechanic, nor a wrench, when it comes to technical things on my bike. But it is comforting to be able to do the simple things, and save money. I am happy as well, to know that some of those I ride with, wrench their own bikes completely, and are just a phone call away for help.
The afternoon moved on, and it was now time to head over to Guru's, for a New York Stip-grilled steak, salad, fruit salad, and a discussion of our last 2 week trip. Chris did a great job of preparing everything, and the meal was excellent.
Fortunately, Chris is an IT Data base manager, and we worked on the counter for this blog, before we ate. Damn if that was not quick, and it worked! While Chris was doing the grilling, I was doing a testing process, and the damn counter disappeared again. I am a patient individual,
but this is frustrating, and pissing me off. So I went through the process we had went through, using another link, and I'll be damned this one is still up and working, we'll see for how long.
The food was done, and it was time to eat, what a filling meal. After we finished, and had discussions of our last trip trip, it was time to go out and see friends that we have not seen in along time. Mike & Linda, who were haveing an outdoor grill party, for Watermellon days, in Atkins, Iowa. It was good to see everyone again, and seem's Mike had his own great food/grilling fest going on. To bad I was full from the previous meal.
The fire works started about 9:00 pm, and were over shortly after 10:00, it was a site to see, for such a small town puting then off. It wassn't long after the fireworks, and we were saying our thanks and goodbyes, for the invitaion, and the wonderful opportunity to see everyone again.
until the next post. Enjoy life

Gimp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home