Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Somebody give us a lift, it's hot, and the bikes quit








Sorry for the backslide, but I thought I'd add a few things from highway 50 accross Nevada.
Somewhere past Ely, we pulled over to get gas, and ran across another mid aged travel enthusiast. I use the term loosly, because I'll be 50 in November, and he was older than I.
He had a Garmin street pilot attached to the handle bars of his goldwing. If memory serves me right, it was a color 2730 touch screen, with
xm radio. Maybe it is time for me to upgrade.
He had been out on the road for 6 weeks. Starting out in Sacramento, and going to the southern east coast, he was on his way home. He was closer to getting there, than us getting mid way through our trip. He had asked if he could join us into Sacramento, because the Highway was so lonely, from where we at, to where we were going. We said that was not a problem, he was welcome to tag along. He asked how fast we rode, we said 80 to 85 + mph. We never seen him in our Mirrors. I'm sure he made it home safe, he had a few hours to go, we had better than 11 days left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home