Monday, August 14, 2006

Late Again :(

Damn, I remember the days when I was an over achiever, flying by the seat of my pants, and getting more things done, than anyone could imagine. Well, with a roasting party that I attended on the 10th, which was like a family reunion, I never got home till about 10. I never thought I would be there that long, but it was like old times, other than I was sipping my glass of water, seeing friends that I had not seen in years. So that put me behind on my marketing assignment! Friday the 11th, I had the fluids changed in my truck. When I pullled up to Walmart, I thought this would be quick, two hours later I was out the door. When I got home, it was phone call after pone call. There is a fine line, between being polite, being sociable, and saying, Hey I'm working on an a assignment, I gotta go! I finally hit that mark tonight, being behind schedule, And I really hate to be rude, but I hate to be behind as well.
Saturday was just another day of being behind, although, after Guru called me at noon ,
www.redhogdiary.com and asked why nothing was posted on my site, I got back at it. Several post made, yard mowed, dishes done, shower after mowing, and the phone is ringing again.
I guess I answered that kind of rudely, with Hello, loudly, hell I was still wet, and just thought I needed to answer the phone. It was another friend that understood, and said she'd call back.
Were trying to set up a time that I can haul some furniture for her.
The next call was from a friend who knew that I was thinking about doing a NE IA ride on Sunday, and was setting me up with a blind date. I was actually going to spend my Sunday, doing my assignment. I had never met Terri before, nor had she met me, but I have the love for riding, and if she wanted to take the chance meeting, and riding with a complete stranger, what the hell. She needed a break from her life, and this was just the way to do it! She did not know, at the time however, that she would be the first passenger on my bike, since I totaled it.
Sunday morning, I picked her up at her folks at 8:45, and headed to Handi mart to meet the other 3 bikers, everyone was introduced to each other, and we were on the road by shortly after 9:00. Terri turned out to be a great riding partner, she leaned the right way in the curves, liked to chat, although I'm not much of a conversationalist when I am focusing on the road.
From here, I'll send you over to Chris's, AKA Gurus site, www.redhogdiary.com for a more descriptive detail of the trip. The only thing I forgot to bring on this one, was my digital camera,
to share the memories that we on the trip retain, and RAIN GEAR.....
All in All, what another great day to ride, even if we got wet. Great views, and great people!
Even though I still looked like an old crippled, my knee still held up. Now if I could do something with my bad eyesight, I should have had my bifocals on, but don't want to risk the wind blowing a $300.00 pair of glasses from my face.... life goes on, no accidents, no tickets, Just Blissful Joy!

2 Comments:

Blogger cwilcox said...

Yah, the rain sucked but the one pound Gunderburger rocked! You didn't tell Terri she was the first passenger on your bike since you had totalled it did you? Well, hopefully not until you got home anyway. Too funny!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Shiffty's Gimp said...

She knew before we started the trip, because she had asked about my knee. I told her before we left her folks house. She said she had a really great time, and that is just what she needed.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home